A very active and prominent woman in the Maritime sector in Nigeria, Princess Victoria Ayodele Okunloye ( as born) , attended her first leaving and secondary schools in Nigeria before proceeding to England in search of the golden fleece where she graduated with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Business Management from then Holborn College London, now known as Kaplan Holborn College. She also studied in the following institutions of higher learning where she took professional courses: – London Business School – London Corporate training Centre and – Pitman Central College, London. On her return to Nigeria in 1984, she joined the services of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) where she rose through the ranks and attained the position of Special Assistant to the Honourable Minister of Petroleum & Energy. This feat was achieved through the dint of hard work, commitment to duty, dedication, honesty and forthright credentials. At the NNPC she had a distinguished 23 years working career which enriched her in the ever intrinsic oil and gas sector of the Nigerian economy. She retired from active public service meritoriously in the year 2006. After retirement, she went into the Maritime Sector and became the directing mind of ENL Consortium Ltd, the entity that manages the operations of the Terminals C & D of the Lagos port complex, Apapa as the Executive Vice Chairman. Under her direction and leadership, the two Terminals have been repositioned to greater output and efficiency while productivity had grown in leap and bound in the Terminals. She has been able to give the place a complete face lift. She doubles as is the Chairman Sea Ports Terminal Operators Association of Nigeria (STOAN), an association that comprises the movers and shakers of sea port Terminal operations and key Operators in the Maritime industry in Nigeria. A fellow of both the Certified Institute of Shipping and Chartered Institute of logistics and Transport,( FCILT, FCIS ), she holds the Doctorate Degree (DBA) in Business Administration (Honoris Causa) of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Ogbomosho, (April 2009).
She is also a recipient of several honours and awards amongst them:
1. Maritime Woman of the year 2006 of the Pathways Africa.
2. The Excellence Humanitarian Service Award of the International Association of Lions Clubs Okota (2008).
3. Award of Excellence by WISTA (Women’s International Shipping andTrading Association) May 2010.
4. Excellence Award by the Nigerian Port Consultative Council (PCC) inAkure Ondo State capital on October 14th 2010.
5. The Woman of valour Award from the National Centre for Women Development November (2010).
6. WiLAT Nigeria Role Model Award 2013
7. Member of the institute of Directors Nigeria
8. Global Role Model to all Women Award 2015 by WILATME from UNASCO United
Arab Emirate (UAE)
9. Seatrade Maritime Award (Middle East and Subcontinent) 2015 United Arab Emirate. (UAE)
Dr. (Princess) Vicky Haarstrup has worked so hard to have attained an enviable position in a male dominated sector and stands out in a highly competitive Environment.
A philanthropist of repute, Princess Vicky Haarstrup is a great supporter of women Empowerment. She is a Trustee of WiLAT Nigeria and one of its major sponsors.
She is happily married to Prince Clement Adesuyi Haarstrup. The union is richly blessed with children.